Saturday, September 26, 2026

Fence Not Finished

The fence project has become a comedy of errors.  The start was postponed three times.  The wood came but no workers.  Worker is sick.

Then a worker showed up and dug the post holes.  Has the fence really begun?

Next day -- cement for posts put in.  Posts placed.  Work done for the day.

Friday worker completed half the fence but quit early -- not feeling well.

Today is Saturday -- no work until Monday. 

What really gripes me is that I have had to get up early in case a worker showed up.   I want to sleep in!  Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm betting they won't work on Sunday so I intend to have my much desired sleep-in.  

Aside from the irritation of the fence, the days are beautiful -- lots of sun on the ripe berries of the mountain ash, golden rod still looking nice, sun really warm.  Just saw a downy woodpecker on the crab apple tree.

Colchicums are blooming.  They always surprise me.  No leaves, weak-looking stem-like stalks emerging into showy mauve and white flowers.   The flowers are the reason I leave the awkward-looking leaves in spring.  By July, the leaves have disappeared and I have usually forgotten about them. And then they surprise me again with their autumn show.   

No comments:

Post a Comment