I've decided to feel happier a little bit each day and to expand the feeling week by week.
Today I took a wee break from my loneliness as stood outside with the October sun at my back. I let the sun enter my body and warm a small space in my heart. The "I wants" and the "I shoulds" were pushed aside for a couple of minutes. Looking at the plants softened and loosened the tension in my chest. I could breathe more deeply. What a freeing feeling.
Asters are blooming like mad. Shrubs look healthy and green. Wasps are busy looking for what: -- summer sap? lingering bugs? available eggs?
Everything is quiet on my street. The children are in school and their parents have left for work. There's just me, a gentle breeze, and autumn sun.
The lumber has arrived for the new section of fencing. The posts of the old section rotted out this summer and a replacement is in the works. The old fence is torn down and taken to the dump. The new section will be up before the day is done--I hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment