Monday, October 6, 2014

Let Nature Play

Manicured gardens with lovely black mulch between all the plants is one end of the gardening continuum.  My garden is at the other.

I used to be a control freak, but now I eschew a garden completely under the control of a neat gardener. Age has mellowed me to the point that I see that Mother Nature always does it best.  Left to her own devices, she mixes colours and textures in glorious ways.  Take, for instance, the happenstance of combining Virginia Creeper with a wayward Morning Glory.  Incomparable.

Letting Nature do the gardening takes me back to my childhood when I wandered the woods and fields close to our family cottage.  Without the hand of man, all was at Nature's whim.  Now that I'm old and out of the rat race of modern life, I once again appreciate what Nature can do with little or no interference from me.

Let Nature play with your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment